Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's official! Um.... the pictures will come later...

I had a lovely last day at work and I am now officially "retired". Well, more like I am changing my focus a bit and creating art full time. I would have lovely pictures to show you of the flowers, cards, and gifts... Um... But I found out that when my camera battery is dead, I can't even download pictures. Ooops! I took pictures until my battery died - LOL!

So instead of those pictures, here are pictures of The Frame & I and The Art Store. This is the brick & mortar store where I have worked for the last 18 years. When I started working there in 1991, it was much smaller and only in one building.

In 1998, Ida and I bought the business from the previous owners. Now, Ida is taking over my part of the business and I am going to work as a full time artist - including illustrating a series of books for my daughter.
There are a lot of exciting changes in the future for all of us. Thanks, Ida! I wish you and Keith all the best!
If you are in the Prescott, Arizona area, be sure to stop by and say 'hi' and visit the best picture frame shop, gallery, and art store in the universe! (Well, at least in Arizona =D)
God bless,
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Congrats Kathy - will be fun to see all the new art you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kathy. I know this is a thrill for you. I know you will be very happy working in art full time. And, best of luck to your daughter's new endeavor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carole =) I am excited! This week Cynthia and I will have a chance to work on the illustrations for her book - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I know you will love your "new" career.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Dawn! It will be so nice to pursue it full time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are planning to write some yourself! You are such an entertaining author! I'd buy your book, for sure.
    Congrats on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Pam =)

    Thanks, Jessie =) I appreciate the compliment - especially from you! (if you haven't seen Jessie's etsy shop - check it out! LOL! she is a very funny writer, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize you had been at the store for so long. Good luck in your new adventures! I'd love more info about your book too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much! I will be posting information about our book both here and in the new websites when they are up and running. It's a VERY fun book!

    Yes, I was there a long time - lots of work and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails