Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lost my marbles? Nope! I found them.

I admit it! I love games and toys. I have a whole lot of really cool vintage marbles so I decided that it would be fun to paint some of them. Here is a little ACEO original watercolor painting that I did with three of my marbles. It was fun to do - but challenging as I was painting the reflections on the glass marbles.

How about you? Care to take on a challenging art project? If you do, let me know. I would love to see how you did on your own challenging project!

Happy painting!
Blessings,
Kathy


10 comments:

  1. Kathy, is this listed? I could not find it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Kathy, reflections and highlights in glass are some of the most challenging things I have done. Still working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not listed yet, Carole - I had a bit of internet trouble yesterday.

    Thanks for the kind comments! The reflections were a challenge - but a fun challenge! I am looking forward to doing more of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more than welcome, Shokoofeh! I admire your courage and your love for your country - praying for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marbles bring back memories of playing jacks (even though there are no marbles in that game).

    nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Juana! Glad you liked it =) I played jacks and marbles a lot as a child. Cynthia and I even had a game of jacks a few years ago - it was fun. Soon Mikayla will be old enough for both jacks and marbles =)

    Yeah - I still love all those games! LOL! Just harder to get up off the floor now *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they turned out really great! I used to collect marbles and play marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Pam =) These are marbles that I had as a child - I think some of them were my mom's when she was young. They are very different than what you see now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails