Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back Yard Bird Treasure Hunt

Oh! Wow! Look what I saw yesterday morning!
Isn't he cute? This is one of our little burrowing owls. He actually wasn't in my back yard - but, hey - I wasn't even to the paved road yet! So can't that count as one of our little Treasure Hunt birdies? *winks* Anyway, I just had to share this photo of him. He is so cute that I am sure he will turn up in a painting one of these days!
Join in the fun of the Back Yard Bird Treasure Hunt! Read all of the directions here. If you have already read the directions and you know what to do to have a chance to win an ACEO (or more than one!), then visit Allie's blog here.
Happy treasure hunting!
Blessings,
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Burrowing owls are the cutest things! I recall the big stink here in the Valley when they were building and expanding one of the community colleges and discovered they were uprooting the burrowing owls! Fortunately the owls were very forgiving and to this day you will see them peek out in various places around campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is very cute, Owls are such interesting birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, what a beautiful shot. I absolutely adore owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really fun - we see them flying at dusk, but usually not just hanging around in the morning waiting for me to take a picture! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, Kathy you are so lucky, he is beautiful!

    I watched a national Geographic show on owls they are so facinating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so surprised because I have never seen one that late in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails