Thursday, May 21, 2009

This summer I am going to....


....do more drawing and sketching!

Watersoluable graphite is really fun to work with and I have several colors of these pencils that I can use. I am starting a series that will focus on the watersoluable graphite pencils by themselves as well as combined with watercolor pencils. I really liked working with the both the watercolor pencils and the watersoluable graphite, but I have never used them together. I thought that a tiny splash of color could be fun mixed in with the graphite.


With summer around the corner and vacation a possibility, having a nice portable media to focus on will be great. It's not a far departure from my watercolors, but I won't need to haul around nearly as much 'stuff' - just some pencils and paper and a brush or two. I am not too much of a plein aire painter, but occasionally I like to stroll out in the field and sketch. This summer, I am going to take advantage of our lovely weather and sketch.


So, what are you going to do this summer??? Any great artistic plans? Let me know!


God bless,
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, I can't wait to see what you create, I love to see sketches. And I believe there is a Bounty Challenge for plein aire too, that sounds very familiar.

    The graphite effect is really cool, I bet it will look nice with some color added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea, Kathy. I sure it will look fabulous.

    I really don't have any plans...other than Beach Week. I mostly do Photography there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is Pam - I did one for that challenge =) Thanks - glad you like them!

    Thanks, Carole - looking forward to all of your new photography!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails