Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A serene selection for the mini Bounty Prize

These lovely creations came all the way from Japan! I love the international aspect of the internet and that is one of the things I have really enjoyed about Etsy. I met Juana Almaguer in the ACEO Bounty Challenge forum quite a while ago. She has a very subtle and serene style that is peaceful and yet has the tension of contrast. The lovely drawing is called “Mother” and it is her interpretation of a goddess. This mixed media drawing is very pretty and subtle and I am very pleased to have it in my collection.



Juana also sent this stunning photograph. I love the colors and the interplay of the flowers and the shadows. If you visit her blog, you will see more of her lovely photographs – as well as having a peek at her life in Japan!

In her Etsy store, Juana has a lovely series of drawings which are done on the pages of an old Japanese book. These drawings have a beautiful line quality and an intriguing look with the Japanese text. Visit her store at:

http://galleryjuana.etsy.com

Thanks so much for including these lovely pieces of your artwork in the mini Bounty prize!

God bless,
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful addition to your booty. I love Juana work also, both her art and photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by all of the wonderful artists in this group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful art, I can see your having so much fun with your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the mail man is your favorite person these days :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails