Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here's a fun horse drawing!

Okay - I said that over the summer I wanted to do more sketching and drawing! Here is a new one from me =) This is almost finished - just needs a few 'final touches'.

Those final touches are really important to any artwork. When I post the finished drawing, you will see what I mean!

This is done on watercolor paper with watersoluable graphite pencil. I really like the way these pencils work on the watercolor paper. I have used them on heavy drawing paper before, but the sizing on the watercolor paper made a lot of difference in the way that the brush could move the pigment.

So what do you think of my little unfinished drawing? Do you like the color? There are more drawings to come =)

Until next time ~ God bless,
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. lovely work, I've never seen watersoluble graphite before, looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your horses. I've never heard of the watersoluble graphite before either but I love the effect. I will have to check them out, I love watercolor pencils so I know I will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color! He looks like an older version of the one you did and posted last week - and the effect of the blending of the watersoluble graphite on the watercolor paper is very interesting - lots of possibilities there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful comments *nods* I appreciate the input!

    The watersoluable graphite pencils are really neat - I will do a blog post about them because I really like they way that they work =) They are similar to watercolor pencils, Marlene - but they handle a bit differently. I think you would like them, too *winks*

    Remembrances =) I got them at Arizona Art on Indian School Road *winks* they are $2 each =) woohoo! We only stocked the sets at my shop and I wanted individual ones so I splurged *sigh* ahhhhhh - new colors to try!

    Marlene & pencilportraits =) Arizona Art is online, too. I will post more details... ah, when it is not 2 o'clock in the morning *rolls eyes* night all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, what a beautiful piece of art! I love all of your horses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Pam =) I appreciate the kind comments from an artist like yourself =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous horse. :) Kathy I don't know what happened. I thought I was following you but you disappeared from my google reader so I came back and enlisted again. So I am catching up on your posts. ")

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do I become a friend on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Carole - I see that you got it all figured out =) Thanks for the kind comments about my little horse =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails