Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ten things I absolutely LOVE about ACEOs!


Can you think of more reasons to love them?


  • They are small and easy to display in an album, easel or little frame. And I have a real "thing" for small artwork! ACEOs are 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches (6.4 cm x 8.9 cm) - or the size of a standard playing card or trading card.

  • They are quicker to do than larger pieces of artwork - so you can have even more fun bouncing back and forth between several artistic creations in a shorter length of time =)

  • There are artists all over the world who make, sell and trade these great little works of art - so there is no end to the variety of styles and subject matter and media that you can obtain.

  • They are a great way to try out new paper or media - nice to start small on some of those experiments!

  • They are small enough that even with a busy schedule - you have time to do some artwork.

  • They are great for working out ideas that can be used in larger paintings.

  • There are lots of challenges, groups, blogs and fun for people who like to make, sell and trade these little gems. This helps to keep the artistic 'juices' flowing *winks*

  • They are affordable to buy - which makes it nice for selling or buying =)

  • They are fun to do with the grandkids *winks* or any kids!

  • And, last but not least! I just won a whole bunch of them =)

God bless,

Kathy

Click here - "The Rescue of Mr. Random Dude" - where you can find out who he is and why he needs to be rescued!

16 comments:

  1. I think the best thing about Aceos is the only requirement is the size which is 2.5 by 3.5 inches. That means we can do anything else to create these lovely pieces of art. I have seen them done on wood, with glass, with clay. There is one artist who actually uses sliced colored pencils to make hers. They are gorgeous. So, let your imagination soar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I love Mr. Random Dude and am so happy to own the original ACEO! And I am still druling over the 2nd original! lol

    I love the many ways you can display them, on a easel, hanging up, in a mat, leaning against something, in a binder and anywhere in your house. And they make awesome gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam beat me to it, but My favorite thing is that you can give them as a gift especially to those loved ones that live away - they tuck so neatly into a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reasons to love ACEOs =) I had forgotten how nice they are to give as gifts! And the albums are so much fun to look at and share. And the variety of subject and media never ceases to amaze me! Fun little gems in the art world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is NOT to love about aceo's!! They are just the best little treasures in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them too! Haven't had much time to paint any recently, but I love the way they are so portable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing =) These are great reasons to love these delightful little goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to look at them - wish I had the imagination to make them too!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, but don't forget, Audrey - these little gems can be made in ANY media! I just saw some of the most amazing beading ACEOs and ceramic ACEOs at the Spring Swap I just hosted! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said! They are little gems that are fun to create and collect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, how funny!! very nice and aceo's rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all =) Glad you all like ACEOs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the eleveth best thing? they fit in your pocket! :)

    http://www.artcardist.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally true, CAB - And, they are more fun to create than reading out of date magazines at the car repair shop. LOL! I have taken to keeping a few blank cards with me whenever I know that I may be stuck for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Add another ACEO lover here! I am a great example that you can adapt any style to ACEO. Before I discovered ACEOs I used to art quilt wallhaning. Each took 40 hours or more to make. Then I figured out how to adapt my style to ACEOs and I can experiment and create one in 8 to 10 hours. Allows me to get to many more of my ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very good point, Quilt Works - I have used ACEOs to try out different media and to do some mixed media experiments, too. Fun size to work on because any media will work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails