Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring rain!

Today I had a storm blow through - lots of wind and a little bit of rain. The clouds are still gathered so we may get a bit more rain in this area before it moves on. I love the Spring storms that make everything so green!

When it rains here, though, my thoughts turn to a young girl in Africa. Simangele lives in Swaziland, Africa, where there is a drought, a famine and AIDs claims the lives of too many people. Against all these odds, Simangele wants to grow up to be a doctor. Growing up will be hard, though – and her single mother, who is a school teacher, will have a difficult time helping Simangele go to school to be a doctor. I mailed the original of this ACEO to Simangele, with a little personal message to her on the back of it. I have made prints of this ACEO and will donate all of the proceeds of the sale of them to World Vision to help children like Simangele all over the world.

I joined the EtsyBloggers Team recently and they have a Blog Carnival with the topic to show something green in your shop - so here is Simangele's green tree - one to shade her from the sun as she enjoys the spring rain that I pray will come her way!
Hope you are having some gentle Spring rains, too, that will turn your world green!
God bless,
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Thank you - Simangele is doing very well. She has grown up a lot over the years and she writes me the sweetest notes. I treasure them all =) There is still famine and drought in Swaziland which makes it so hard for the people there. For more information, check out this link:

    http://www.worldvision.org/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails