Saturday, March 7, 2009

A little more progress...

These trees are begining to look like trees now! Painting transparent washes on top of transparent washes gives a watercolor painting lots of depth. I have more control of how much color goes on where, too - a light wash here and more color there.
This painting is definitely taking shape now - next I will give Billie Jane some more detail and color. She is a liver sorrel - though she has a lot of red both in her coat and her mane and tail. Her color really shows up in the sun.
Well, I hope to get a bit of painting done tomorrow. We'll see what kind of progress I can make!
God bless,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I thought I commented on this once already. Anyway I love to see the steps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails