Thursday, January 8, 2009

Never too young for art!

Mikayla ~ 5 years old ~ check out the level of concentration here!

Naomi ~ 2 years old ~ the plate became part of her artwork! Notice how nicely it is painted, too.



Naomi and Mikayla came to visit me between Christmas and New Year's Day and we had a blast. We played with the animals, made pizza and cookies, painted, and just generally had lots of fun! Painting together was definitely a high light of the visit. I cut ACEO blanks out of bristol board and watercolor paper and just turned them loose. Mikayla (5 years old) painted with a purpose and came up with idea after idea. Naomi (2 years old) had the most fun mixing the paint and moving large globs to the paper. Then she decided to paint the plate (her palette). It was so cute and a lot of fun to watch them both.

I highly recommend painting with children to give you a fresh perspective on art! Look at the painting process through their eyes and you will have a whole new perception on what is important. Everything from perfecting your image (smiley face #1, smiley face #2, smiley face #3...) to enjoying the way it feels to mix paint and move it from location to location. Pick up a couple of brushes, hand one to child and have a painting fest today!

God bless,

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. I painted and coloured with my boys when they were little. It was a lot of fun. The girls are just too cute!!
    Found you on etsy, "hearted" you, your watercolors are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you, Audrey =) I love painting with the girls! It is so much fun and it really gives my creativity a boost.
    Thanks for 'hearting me'! I love to paint and watercolors are my favorite. I hope to list some originals on etsy soon!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet Kathy! yes, children have no fear, we need to follow their example and lighten up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words, pinkglitterfae! I need to remember that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing these two young artists at work, and then Mikayla's and Naomi's specially featured personal displays! Definite family treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally =) They are a permanent part of my Grammy's ACEO Collection! We all had such fun doing this, too! I will definitely plan to do this again next time they come to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails