Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hershey



“When I grow up I want to be a cowgirl…” I wrote that on a report that I did in grade school. Ah, the stuff that makes up our childhood hopes and dreams! Well, I don’t know if you would call me a cowgirl – but I did realize my childhood dream of having a horse. In fact I have two lovely equine companions, as well as a number of other four footed friends. I think my mom and dad saw all of this coming. I remember how well they coped with the caterpillar colony, the wall of fish tanks, the turtle in the back yard, and – well, you get the picture! Some of my blog will be devoted to my animal friends – sharing fun pictures and stories about them.


Much of my artwork is inspired by the beauty of God’s creation, especially His animals. I love to take photographs and I love to paint my artwork from photos that I have taken. I am never quite sure if I am just taking photos to put in my album or if I am taking reference photos for future artwork – it really doesn’t matter to me when I am out there snapping pictures like a crazy woman. My animals tolerate that photo frenzy much better than most people! ROFLOL! My sympathies to family and friends – I know my photo frenzies drive you nuts!



Let me introduce you to Hershey. Such a sweet and lovable guy! I did this painting from a photograph I took of him during the winter. He was all shagged out and hairy which makes him turn about three shades lighter than he is in the summer. Come spring it is like unwrapping a Christmas present – I never know what color he will be! Sometimes he is a light honey color and sometimes he is a deep, dappled gold. Hershey is a palomino quarterhorse and he is about 15 years old.



God bless,


Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything better than to paint the ones you love, including the furry ones, lol. Hershey is a beauty! how wonderful to be able to enjoy these beautiful creatures any time you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot of fun! They all have such different personalities, too - I try to show that in my paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails