Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!








Check this out! Doesn't this look like a turkey??? But this is not a turkey! In honor of Thanksgiving Day, Penne, our pea hen, obligingly fanned her tail out just like a peacock - AND I had a camera in my hand when she did it! Wow! I never knew that the pea hens fanned out their tails, too!


Penne travels between my neighbor's yard and my yard - usually right along with our combined flock of guinneas.


And, by the way - Penne will also honk and sound almost like a goose!




Okay, just had to share more of my animal kingdom and since this was such a funny 'turkey' picure, it was perfect for Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
God bless,
Kathleen





Thank you for reading - comments are closed on this blog post.

3 comments:

  1. great capture Kathleen!I thought it was a turkey too at first glance. I've only seen a pea hen once. I was at Niagara Falls, and was attempting to photograph a peacock that was sitting on a large branch. I waited 15 minutes, just willing him to fan his tail, but nothing :-(
    He just wasn't interested. The pea hen was too busy eating to pay me any attention :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew pea hens fanned their tails either or that they looked like turkeys when they did it but you have the picture to prove it! Great catch! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! She is fun to watch and has quite a personality =)

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails